Title: Introduction to Silicon Carbide SiC MOSFETs: Design, Products, Applications
Date: Thursday, December 09, 2021
Time: 10:00 AM Central European Time
Duration: 1 hour
Speaker ： Jan Huijink， （Technical Marketing Manager）
Silicon Carbide (SiC) is a semiconductor material widely used for the production of medium to high voltage power semiconductor components. Material properties like wide band-gap and high thermal conductivity lead to many benefits in the application.
WeEn is now introducing its first SiC MOSFETs, complementing the SiC Diodes that are already in the WeEn portfolio. The SiC MOSFETs can be used in very fast switching PFC (power factor correction) circuits and LLC converters in for instance UPS, SMPS and EV Chargers. SiC enables high switching frequencies, resulting in smaller and lower cost passives and higher efficiency of the power conversion.
Attendees Will Learn:
- Why we use SiC semiconductor material for MOSFETs
- Development and high level chip design
- Specifications of the first WeEn SiC MOSFETs
- Applications in which WeEn SiC MOSFETS can be used
- Understand the (simplified) electrical schematics of some key applications
Welcome to join through below link :